GJC/D/SIGNATURE IIJS 2017/003/ 27th December, 2016

Dear Exhibitor,


This has reference to the mail no. GJC/D/SIGNATURE IIJS 2017/002 dated 8th December, 2017 sent to you with regards to organizing the 10th Edition of IIJS Signature IIJS 2017 at Mumbai by GJEPC.

Subsequent to this GJEPC received a communication from NESCO (Owners of the Premises) on 30th November 2016, informing about dispute with one of the fair organizers with regards to the booking dates, based on which availability of venue for Signature IIJS was till midnight of 11th February 2017 starting from midnight of 1st February 2017 i.e. the venue will be available with the Council for 11 days only instead of 14 days which was booked by the Council and confirmed by NESCO.

Based on such constraint after emergency deliberations amongst the National Exhibition Sub-Committee members, GJEPC vide its communication dated 8th December, 2016 had accordingly informed its members & exhibitors that Signature IIJS 2017 would be rescheduled from 7th to 9th February, 2017 (3 days) from its earlier declared dates of 8th to 11th February, 2017 (4 days) . GJEPC further informed the exhibitors that due to such curtailment of the show a reduction of 10% in participation charges in all sections would be done.

However such change of dates and reduction of duration of the show from 4 to 3 days, was disputed through representations by some exhibitors, mainly from Mumbai and Jaipur, explicitly expressing their discontent for such curtailment of days of the event and change of dates of Signature IIJS 2017.

Based on subsequent meetings of the Council with some of such exhibitors at Mumbai and Jaipur, the following has now been decided by the Council with regards to organization of Signature IIJS, 2017:

  1. Signature IIJS Show Dates & Timings (6th to 9th February, 2017) for VISITORS:

    6th February, 2017 - Visitor's time 1.00 pm to 8.00 pm
    7th - 8th February, 2017 - Visitor's time 10.00 am to 8.00 pm
    9th February, 2017 - Visitor's time 10.00 pm to 6.00 pm
  2. Signature IIJS Show Dates & Timings (6th to 9th February, 2017) for EXHIBITORS:

    6th February, 2017 - Exhibitor's Time 6.00 am to 9.00 pm
    7th - 8th February, 2017 - Exhibitor's Time 8.00 am to 9.00 pm
    9th February, 2017 - Exhibitor's Time 8.00 am to 9.00 pm

    Exhibitors would be allowed entry with their goods on 6th February, 2017 from 6.00 am onwards, and from 7th - 9th February, 2017 the Exhibitors would be allowed from 8.00 am onwards. Looking at the contingent situation the Exhibitors will cooperate with the Council by start arranging their stalls by 6.00 AM in the morning of 6th February, 2017.

  3. 10% discount to all exhibitors at Signature IIJS 2017, as already communicated vide our email dated 8th December, 2016, TO CONTINUE , although now the show duration will be for 4 days looking the difficult time the industry is currently facing.

  4. To give further relief to exhibitors in this extraordinary times it was further decided to amend the cancellation clause of the terms and conditions of the application form thereby continuing with the cancellation charges of 25% till 31st December, 2016, and hence the amended Clause 7 (b) of the terms & conditions of the Application form, will now read as under:

        "If cancelled at any time between 1st December to 31st December 2016, 25% of the total Participation Cost shall be deducted and the remaining 75% of the Participation Cost shall be refunded".

However if any Member Exhibitor decides to cancel/ reduce its space for Signature IIJS 2017; in case of such cancellation all other rules of cancellation of participation from Signature IIJS 2017 will hold valid including the loss of preference in stall allocation in future editions of Signature IIJS or any other shows of the Council.

We would once again like to reiterate & assure our exhibitors that GJEPC's Committee of Administration, the National Exhibitions Sub-Committee & the Secretariat are putting all their efforts to set up the exhibition within the shortest available time ever, in order to provide the best possible facilities & service to all of you. We appeal to you for your co-operation and together make this Signature IIJS 2017 a great success.

In this context you may please be informed that 8142 of the visitors has already pre-registered themselves for the show and GJEPC has done an extensive tele calling of all such visitors and almost all of them has confirmed to be visiting Signature IIJS 2017. Throughout January we have lined up extensive roadshow & promotion campaign amongst retailers all over India to have the best possible visitor turnout ever at Signature IIJS.

Yours Sincerely,

Sabyasachi Ray
Executive Director

The Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council
Unit G2-A, Trade Center, Opp. BKC Telephone Exchange, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (E) Mumbai 400 051
Tel + 9122 43541800 Fax +9122 26524769
Website: http://www.iijs-signature.org/