29th July 2020
SUBJECT: Postponement of IIJS Premiere 2020 show scheduled from 6th – 10th August 2020 to January 2021
Dear Industry Colleagues and Members,
Greetings from GJEPC!!!
We hope you and your family are safe and healthy!
The pandemic of Covid-19 has turned our lives upside down and has brought businesses to standstill across the globe. The Gem & Jewellery industry is amongst the most affected & impacted industry by the pandemic of Covid-19. However, The Gem & Jewellery industry in India stood together in these difficult and challenging times and have supported each other in its best possible ways.
GJEPC, being the apex body has left no stone unturned, when it came to protecting and taking care of the Industry. GJEPC too has put its best foot forward by donating ₹ 51 Crores out of its reserve as assistance to the nation and for the welfare of the gem & jewellery industry. The money was utilised to provide financial assistance to support the livelihood of our karigars (daily wage workers), contributing to the PM CARE fund for welfare of the nation and contributing to various initiatives of different State Govt in creating health infrastructure to fight Covid-19. This has created immense goodwill towards the gem & jewellery industry in Govt. and general public of India.
Considering the current situation of Covid-19 in India and keeping in mind the well-being and safety of our members, exhibitors, visitors & all the involved stakeholders and further adhering to the Government’s decision of restricting mass public gathering to contain & control the spread of Covid-19 infection, we at GJEPC have decided to postpone the IIJS Premiere 2020 show scheduled from 6th – 10th August 2020 at Bombay Exhibition Centre, Mumbai to January 2021. The exact show date for January 2021 will be informed to you in due course.
We hope this rescheduling of date will certainly provide the required time & opportunity to all our exhibitors & visitors to plan accordingly and thus, collectively do business when the demand revives, and our industry looks towards a bright future.
About IIJS PREMIERE 2021 (JANUARY): “IIJS Premiere 2021 will be the first show of the calendar year, to be held maintaining all safety norms post Covid-19. We will be taking all precautions to ensure that the safety of exhibitors and visitors during the show. The IIJS Premiere January 2021 now scheduled in the slot of IIJS Signature 2021 is positioned with the look, feel and delivery of both shows combined together. Naturally, it will be of a much larger capacity with a greater number of booths and exhibitors. We are hopeful of welcoming everyone to this show. We are confident that the start of the fresh year in 2021, will give people more reasons to celebrate.
All exhibitors, who were allotted booths/stalls on 18th & 19th February 2020 for IIJS Premiere 2020 and based on the same had paid 25% of participation cost, (with benefits of the discounts then offered) can exercise either of the below options considering the postponement and new date of the show:
1. Retaining Stall Locations Allotted by carrying forward the 25% Deposit Paid: Exhibitors, who have paid 25% of the participation cost & were allotted stalls for IIJS Premiere 2020, can retain their stall at IIJS Premiere, January 2021, by carrying forward the amount paid to GJEPC for the IIJS Premiere scheduled to be held on August 2020. A request email in this regards, with subject line “Retaining the 25% advance amount paid to GJEPC” has to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with company name, stall number & area (in sqmtr.) to complete the process.
2. Cancel Participation and withdraw 25% Deposit: Exhibitors, who have paid 25% of the participation cost & were allotted stalls for IIJS Premiere 2020, can opt for cancellation of their participation at IIJS Premiere (now postponed to January 2021) by opting to withdrawing the 25% that has been paid to GJEPC. It may be noted that in that case, such exhibitors will lose their right of location of booth at IIJS Premiere, January 2021, and future IIJS Premiere shows. A request email in this regards, with subject line “Withdrawing the 25% advance amount paid to GJEPC” has to be sent on email@example.com with company name, stall number & area (in sqmtr.) on or before 14th August 2020. In case Council does not receive the letter of withdrawal of advance by any exhibitor it will be deemed that such exhibitor wishes to continue his/her participation at IIJS Premiere, January 2021 unhindered.
Important Points to Note
• Members are requested to send a email with subject line “Withdrawing the 25% advance amount paid to GJEPC” to firstname.lastname@example.org with company name, stall number & area allotted on or before 14th August 2020 if they wish to cancel participation and withdraw 25% deposit amount paid.
• In case of non-receipt of email on or before above mentioned deadline for cancelation of participation and withdraw of 25% deposit amount, it will be considered that the exhibitor company confirms their participation & allows GJEPC to retain their advance amount paid & hence will have the right to retain their allotted stall at IIJS Premiere, January 2021.
• No further request will be entertained in this regards after the deadline date mentioned above.
GJEPC with support from its exhibitors and visitors have built up this unique and India’s most successful business platform called IIJS. We are hopeful that all our exhibitors will continue to support and take IIJS forward as a movement of the Indian gem & jewellery industry. GJEPC appeals for your wholehearted support and cooperation.
For further assistance you may please feel free to contact us on 1800-103-4353 / OR give us missed call on +91–7208048100; or write to us on www.gjepc.org/helpdesk . Members may also raise a ticket for meeting with the GJEPC secretariat on www.gjepc.org/helpdesk for any further assistance that may be required pertaining to IIJS Premiere.
With warm regards,
The Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council