All Commodity Boards/Export Promotion Councils
1. Reference DGFT Notification No. 58/2015-2020 dated Feb 12th, 2021 , it is kindly submitted that DGFT has mandated all IEC holders to update their Importer-Exporter Code(IEC) yearly between April to June. IECs not updated within this prescribed period would be de-activated. Objective of the given exercise is to prune out inactive IECs and incorrect IEC details. The support of all active IEC holders for this limited updation is kindly solicited.
2. Due care has been taken to not add any specific compliance burden. The given process is automatic and no fees is charged for such updations. The online process can be completed within 5-10 minutes if all details are correct or within 30 minutes otherwise.
3. IECs not updated within this prescribed period would be de-activated(post June). Subsequently, the firms that wish to re-activate their IEC(post de-activation for non-compliance), would be required to update the IEC. IEC shall be auto re-activated on updation after June.
4. A video has been published on the DGFT Youtube Channel at the given link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5zrx5k8QC4) to provide easy step-by-step reference for all IEC holders concerned.
5. The undersgined is directed to request all the commodity boards and Export Promotion Council to promote the given instructions and the video link on their respective websites, social media handles and urge all members to ensure updation within the prescribed time.
This issues with the approval of the competent authority.
The Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council