Swasthya Kosh

GJEPC has created a healthcare fund named Swasthya Kosh – swasthaya in Hindi means ‘health’ and kosh means ‘fund’ – to provide all gem and jewellery workers with quality healthcare of choice.

  • The fund has been established to seek voluntary monetary contributions from anyone in India or abroad who wishes to make a significant impact and touch the lives of the skilled artisans of the Indian gem and jewellery industry.
  • The money collected in the Swasthya Kosh will be utilised towards paying 75% of the health insurance premiums of the contracted and unorganised workforce of the industry.
  • GJEPC has committed Rs.3 crore to the fund to kick-start the project. The Council estimates the scheme will require at least Rs. 200 crore to cover 20 lakh workers.
  • GJEPC appeals to leading players from within and outside the gem and jewellery industry to contribute generously to the fund. By implementing this project, we will be able to touch those lives, which to date no industry has reached out to.
  • To run a project of this magnitude, GJEPC felt it is important to focus on tracking the workforce and creating a large enough fund to cover the premium costs. Thus, the Parichay Card initiative was launched.

Parichay Card

With a view to ensure proper authentication to cover social security aspects of the unattached workers of the Indian gem and jewellery industry, GJEPC has launched the Parichay Card initiative which is entirely self-funded. The objective of this project is to create a verified and well-crafted database of artisans, which will be utilised to provide them various benefits in the future.

Subsidised Health Insurance Details

The Parichay Card gives the workers a valid proof of their employment and identity and makes them eligible for an optional health insurance policy that is highly subsidised.

The comprehensive health insurance policy will cover a Parichay Card holder and up to three members of his/her family. The workers have to pay only 25% of the premium amount, and the remaining 75% will be paid from the Swasthya Kosh.

Insurance Sum Insured Rs. 1,00,000
Details Self Family
Premium including GST ₹ 1,400 ₹ 2,200
Swasthya Kosh - 75% ₹ 1,050 ₹ 1,650
Worker - 25% ₹ 350 ₹ 550

Policy Coverages

  • Cashless Facility Pan-India basis
  • Pre-existing Diseases Covered from Day 1
  • Pre & Post-Hospitalisation Expenses Covered
  • Day Care Procedure Covered
  • Congenital Internal Diseases Cover
  • Maternity Cover
  • Ambulance Charges

Benefits for All Donors

  • Letter of appreciation from GJEPC
  • Individual or organisation’s name will be listed as a contributor to the Swasthya Kosh fund on the GJEPC website
  • An 80G tax free certificate from GJNRF will be provided to all donors
Read all benefits

Donate To Swasthya Kosh

Click Here